1. Introduction to construction project management
- Construction Industry
- Construction Project
- Main/Prime Contractor
- Construction Services
- Competitive Bidding
- Negotiated Contracts
- Time and Cost Management
- Planning Scheduling
- Management of Field Construction
2. Introduction to organization structure of a Company-Roles& Responsibilities
3. Introduction to project initiation documents
- Tender Drawings(or)IFC (Issued for construction drawings)
- BOQ(Bill of quantity)
- The project Schedule
Installation work flow
- Basics& fundamentals
- Tools& consumables
- Detailed study of shop drawings
- Legends symbols and Abbreviations
- Observations(or) Engineers comments
- Revision number & Status of drawings
- Co-ordination(or)Reference drawings
- Planning schedule& co-ordination with other departments for clearances
- Store & material management
- Material Requisition(MR)
- Material Indent
- Proper handling, storage, use & disposal of material as per the specifications& manufacturer’s recommendations
- Labor management
- Simultaneously follow of various departments like design, purchasing, technical, QS & QA/QC
- Supervising, planning, monitoring site activities and resources on day to day basis
- Daily/weekly construction progress& work plan meetings
- Quality and safety standards
- Installation of electrical components & Equipments.
- Tendering/ Estimation
- Detailed study of specification& tender drawings
- Prepare& maintain data base of unit rates of items useful for bidding
- BOQ(Bill of Quantity)
- Quantity take off, sending enquiry to suppliers to get quotations& final bidding
- Negotiate the final offer with client
- Sending enquiry, negotiating the quotation values with the supplier
- Preparing quotation evaluation sheets
- Finalizing the supplier and Issuing the purchase orders
- Follow-up with the supplier for the delivery of material as per the agreed schedule
- Details study of tender, IFC, Shop drawings& as built drawings
- Actually quantity take off from site& as-built drawings
- Variations and work orders
- Monthly billings and final BOQ
- Introduction to quality control as per specifications& standards
- Material submittals, delivery notes, PO(purchase order)
- Method statements (Installation& Testing procedures)
- Inspection of all materials, equipment’s, site construction activities, testing & commissioning the systems as per applicable standards
- Proper Documentation
- Problems during commissioning& its trouble shooting
Handing over of the project
- Red line and As-built drawings submission
- Commissioning reports & third party test certificates
- Operation& maintenance manuals
- Closing the Snag list(or)punch list
- Project Completion Certificate
DESIGNING & DRAFTING
- Introduction & Scope of Electrical designing & drafting.
- Introduction to MEP and other services used in Buildings.
- Fundamental theories of Electrical.
- Types & Sources of electricity.
- Generation, Transmission & distribution of electricity.
- Legends symbols and Abbreviations.
- Basic Electrical Terms, Definitions & Units.
- Important formulas.
- Codes and Standards : BS, NEC, BIS, IEEE, NEMA, NFPA, IEC etc
Wires, Cables, Circuits & Wiring Accessories
- Wires & Cables (Types and Applications), Conductors, Armoured Cables, Sheathing, Insulations , Selection of Cables
- Switches & Sockets ( Types and Applications )
- Spur, Fused Connection Units etc.
- Mounting Boxes
- Isolators, Disconnect Switches & Distribution Boards (DB)
- Standard Mounting Heights of Accessories
- One Way, Two Way & Intermediate Switch Wirings, Radial & Ring Circuits.
- Lighting & Power Wiring Diagrams.
Cable Management, Lighting & Earthing
- Electrical Conduit Layout, Cable Trunking, Cable Tray, Electrical Ladder, busduct & busbar trunking Systems.
- Direct laying of underground cables, Duct Banks & Cable Trenches.
- Lighting Fixtures ( Types & Applications )
- Lighting Design- Illumination (Lux) Levels
- Emergency & Exit Lighting System
- Earthing System ( Types, Methods & Installation )
- Lightning Protection System
Major electrical loads & equipments
- Lighting load – Internal & external
- Utility power load
- HVAC loads like Chillers, AHUs, FCUs, CRAC units, Pumps and Fans etc.
- Plumbing and firefighting loads like Submersible pumps, Circulating pumps, Booster pumps, Fire Fighting main pumps, Jockey pumps etc.
- Elevator & escalator loads
- Computer & data centre (Server) loads.
Electrical Design Calculations
- Branch & Main Feeder Cable Sizing, Selection & Calculation
- Lighting Illumination Calculations
- Cable Tray Sizing
- Circuit Breaker Sizing, Selection & Calculation
- RCD/ ELCB Sizing & Selection
- Earthing Cable Sizing & Selection
- Total Connected Load (TCL) & Peak Demand Calculation based on Diversity Factors
- Load Distribution Schedules & Load Balancing– Final DB, SMDB, MCC, MDB
- Transformer Sizing Calculations & selection based on load and losses.
- Standby Generator Sizing Calculations
- Capacitor Bank Calculations
- UPS sizing Calculations
- Voltage Drop Calculations
- Short Circuit Calculations
Low Current / ELV systems
- Fire Alarm & Detection System
- Closed Circuit Television System (CCTV)
- Access Control System
- Public Address System (PAS)
- Satellite and Master Antenna Television System (SMATV)
- Communication Systems – Telephone, Data cabling
- DIALux – Lighting Design Software.
- Basic AutoCAD Commands
- Symbols and Legends
- Preparation of Lighting Layouts
- Preparation of Power Layouts
- Preparation of Single Line Diagrams (SLD) or Power Schematic Riser Diagrams.
- Preparation of Cable Tray/ Cable Routing Layouts
- CCTV layout
- Preparation of Electrical General Installation Details & Sections